Saturday, June 12, 2010

Drained

Have you ever noticed how much certain things drain you of energy? For instance, I put so much into my work and it can be so stressful at times, that by the end of my work week I am completely and utterly drained.

So where do you get your energy?

Some people sleep their weekends away and feel rested from that. I've tried it and actually sleeping my whole weekend away, laying around the house and such just leaves me feeling more out of it!

Some folks go crazy busy and plan their whole weekends full of activities. This leaves them feeling like they've accomplished a lot, and in that there is a feeling of worth that gives some people energy to start their new week.

I tend to lean more towards this. However, going going going all the time leaves your body physically taxed which in turn can mess up your psyche. This works well for me often though, because then I'm positive, and adventures that keep me busy tend to give me lots of energy!

This weekend, I have spent a lot of time working, at work and at my apartment, just getting caught up in hopes that next week will then get started off on the right foot. However, I am such an extroverted person, that my lack of interaction with people has left me feeling "blah" LOL! Since I work night shift, I don't see people as much as I'm accustomed to, so on the weekend I enjoy the company of friends and family the most!.

Thankfully my brother is visiting and we've had a great weekend together! We saw the new movie A-Team last night after eating Mexican ... and it was wonderful! After dinner we all just sat in my Camry and "people watched." Most entertaining and hilarious! I think I burned about 9 million calories I laughed so hard. Adrian T. And Alex S. tend to make me do that. Very worthwhile movie though. I think one of my "quiet" weekends is considered "busy" for most people! :) Funny how perspective works.

P.S. Kentucky's allergies are the pits! I am so "clogged up" with my nasal passages swollen and hurting, my throat is sore and I feel so groggy from congestion. I think I made a good decision to take it easy this weekend.

On to Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment